My next big project is going to be a crocheted throw for Lucia the camper. Now I’m not a natural hooker but I would much prefer to do something in one piece and I don’t think I have knitting needles long enough to hold all the stitches that I need 🤔
So I have been experimenting with stitch combos
As can be seen these haven’t been blocked but I’m just practising the hook movements. I quite like the trebles with the raised circles but think that might be a bit ambitious plus my maths may not be up to the task of working out the spacing evenly. I really got my knickers in a twist with the basket weave stitch but thought I could manage the chevron.
Obviously that is only a tiny chevron so ta dah
I have done a few rows to give me an idea of stitches/width and blocked it. So my throw is going to be all ziggy and zaggy😉
Still on the look out for the inspiration for my next big project. In the meantime I have been making more cosies for old jam and pickle jars.
Though I say it myself I am quite pleased with these. Super chunky yarn on chunky needles worked in garter stitch. You may recognise the yarn from the toy basket I made a couple of months ago.
So great way of using up old bits of yarn and I should have the tidiest desk in town with all of the desk tidies I have been making but sadly it just looks cluttered with desk tidies 😂
Anyway I have decided I need something to get my teeth (or needles) into so I am going to start a blanket for Lucia the camper. I’ve got a bag of little balls of DK that was free with magazines so I’m going to use that up. It will be a real mishmash of colours but it will be a great stash buster 😋
I have taken to crocheting little baskets as a means of de-stressing. There is a bit of a history in basket making and the troubled mind. In the grim days of institutions for those suffering with their mental health a key therapy was basket weaving! Admittedly they were proper baskets made with willow not my woolly numbers.
The multi-colour jumble contains 3 storeage baskets.
If nothing else my double crochet stitches are improving and I have worked out counting for the round. I have used aran weight yarn from the stash and a 4mm hook to give a tighter weave.
Over the weeks I have made quite a few of these and now I am running out of things to put in them 😄
I have just read through my May posts as my brain seems to be a bit of a blank as to May mayhem!
On the whole I had quite a productive month and finally finished the cable knit WIP WIP HOORAY! But that means I am on the look out for a new project to get my teeth into😄
I’m still interested in bags and storeage which has been a fun way to improve my stitch knowledge. My efforts have been quite organic as I have been making the shape up as I go along so I only need to concentrate on the stitches – very mindful!
And I am still making woolly covers for jam and pickle jars to turn them into attractive desk tidies 😉
And my really exciting news I have some of my items are for sale at a local craft hub HS ART 😊
So the new month sees me on the look out for a new project…
I have been knitting woolly pullies for old jars again, turning them into attractive (I think) and useful desk tidies.
the little one is just a bit of faux cable which I have done before. I am quite pleased with the way the criss-cross cover turned out and really pleased with the cabled cover – always love a bit of cabling 😊
I’ve also made a few labels for the goods that I am displaying at HS ART. I’ve always enjoyed a bit of cutting and sticking 😃
I walked into Bewdley for some fresh air, exercise and some milk (I don’t even drink the stuff!) and I came across the goslings. I tried to get close enough for a picture of a scruffy but nonetheless cute gosling but sadly I incurred the wrath of the adults 😶
Calming down with a cup of tea I am about to sew up the raglan parts of the cable knit for my nephew so that I can do the neck – yes still a little bit of knitting left. Apologies just this progress report, no photo.