As I have confessed in the past I have a weakness for crochet/knit kits. I get drawn in by the cute picture on the box, buy it and then stash it🤔 I have a load of them hidden in the garage that I may or may not get round to completing!
The snail came in a crochet kit from Aldi. Everything that I needed to make 2 snails, including a horrible plastic hook. Less complaining Jane! I have made one snail and there is plenty of yarn left, might even be enough to make a third? So for £3.99 it was quite good value, not that I will be making another one any time soon. The pattern was quite straightforward and I have finally mastered crocheting in the round without too much swearing 😉
I might dig out another kit next month and see how I get on but in the meantime back to my blanket😊
I’m still dabbling with crochet and have been trying out amigurumi. I have made these little bees using a pattern from Hannah Cooper. Amigurumi creatures are fun and very sweet but they are quite a faff. A lot of fiddling around for hours to produce a tiny creature🤔
They haven’t even made a big dent in my stash🐝🐝🐝. However, they have taken up all my focus so great little mindfulness activity 👍
I did try posing them in my honeysuckle but the yellow one had a bit of a nose dive! Anyway back to my dabbling. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.
I took the day off work today and signed up for a macrame workshop. Some of you may remember my feeble attempt at macrame a couple of years ago… But I am quite proud of my efforts today and have a pretty bookmark to show for my efforts.
The workshop was run by Louise from Lilly Dilly’s and was held at Bodenham Arboretum. Louise talked us through making the bookmark and showed us how to do the individual knots against the backdrop of the lake and the sound of the ducks quacking. A very productive yet relaxing morning❤
I have tried to set up a separate page for things relating to Lucia the camper but have failed miserably.
Lucia is currently at the garage having her brakes sorted – a sort of spa break for campers!!!
I have started a throw for her:
I am using DK acrylic yarn (I won it last year) and a 4 mm hook. I possibly should have used a 4.5 mm hook as there is a slight ruffle but I wanted a tight dense fabric so some careful blocking will be required when I have finished.
June seems to have flown by. All of my excitement at the end of May has waned. Work has been incredibly busy and I barely feel as if I survived the month but I have a few days off now to recharge and get back on track 😎
I have sold one item at the craft shop so a long way from making a profit but thrilled that someone liked it enough to pay for it.
I have started a baby blanket in white (a divine bamboo and cotton mix) which I am working on when I have the energy to focus but the rest of the time I am playing around with bits of yarn and a hook with the intent of making a blanket for Lucia N’s little camper.
And my nephew finally sent me a photo of him modelling the cable knit that I recently sent him. 😆
So bring on July, I’m looking for energy and inspiration! !!
My next big project is going to be a crocheted throw for Lucia the camper. Now I’m not a natural hooker but I would much prefer to do something in one piece and I don’t think I have knitting needles long enough to hold all the stitches that I need 🤔
So I have been experimenting with stitch combos
As can be seen these haven’t been blocked but I’m just practising the hook movements. I quite like the trebles with the raised circles but think that might be a bit ambitious plus my maths may not be up to the task of working out the spacing evenly. I really got my knickers in a twist with the basket weave stitch but thought I could manage the chevron.
Obviously that is only a tiny chevron so ta dah
I have done a few rows to give me an idea of stitches/width and blocked it. So my throw is going to be all ziggy and zaggy😉
Still on the look out for the inspiration for my next big project. In the meantime I have been making more cosies for old jam and pickle jars.
Though I say it myself I am quite pleased with these. Super chunky yarn on chunky needles worked in garter stitch. You may recognise the yarn from the toy basket I made a couple of months ago.
So great way of using up old bits of yarn and I should have the tidiest desk in town with all of the desk tidies I have been making but sadly it just looks cluttered with desk tidies 😂
Anyway I have decided I need something to get my teeth (or needles) into so I am going to start a blanket for Lucia the camper. I’ve got a bag of little balls of DK that was free with magazines so I’m going to use that up. It will be a real mishmash of colours but it will be a great stash buster 😋