Booties and bunting ♡♡♡
An exhausting morning spent running errands and pulling up nettle roots..
A much nicer afternoon using up a few ends of yarn. I have made some baby bunting, it needs to be bigger for grown-up but these little triangles are still quite cute 😙
I have finished the booties that were on the WIP list as well so a well deserved glass of early evening wine🍷
Crikey… too much cricket!
Not a great deal of knitting has been done this weekend due to the heat. The boys have been glued to the Ashes. I have to admit I find it rather dull, they would say the same about my craft I suppose. 🤔
I have been busy trying to reclaim a piece of land the otherside of my garden fence. It does belong to the property but we have never done anything with it as a public footpath runs through it but all of the neighbours have tidied their bits up. My tangle of brambles and nettles was letting the side down – definitely not cricket!
My lovely dad came and chopped down the nettles and brambles and I have since been pulling out old roots. This is going to be a big WIP. Hoping to have something to talk about next year.
On another note I have signed up to do 50 miles during the month of August with my slimming group. I know to some this does not sound like much but SMALL STEPS… A friend signed up to do 1000 miles this year and has already achieved this. I have a long way to go.
Hopefully, the weather will freshen up again so my needles won’t be as sticky.
Sadly another 5 weeks of the Ashes 😣
A good old rummage…
I am visiting nooks and crannies around the house that have been neglected for years. Hence …
A number of years ago I bought a load of cross-stitch kits to make my own Christmas cards. I remember doing a few and I remember the delight on parents’ faces on receiving them but, sadly, they were very time-consuming so the bulk of them were stuffed into a cupboard and forgotten about 😣. I have done a couple in the hot weather, good advice from Mildlygranola who suggested sewing was a more bearable craft during a heatwave 🌞.
On the WIP front I have nearly completed a baby blanket.
The interesting colour scheme is due to the fact that I am using ends of balls. Another 2 rows of trebles and a couple of rows of doubles to finish off ♡♡♡
And of course…
there is another scarf on the go.
Clickety click best get knitting ♡♡♡
Knotting not knitting …
Occasional posts on my dabbling with macrame!
I have completed the macrame market bag (Hobbycraft pattern 0160).
Now I am not going to get all of my market shop in this. It is a strange narrow affair. My son did ask whether I had done any width by depth calculations? My bewildered expression lead him to comment it is quite good for a first attempt…
Well that is how I am going to look at it. I actually really enjoyed the criss-cross pattern and in the end I was quite proficient at square knots. Sat on the floor cross-legged knotting away with just the sound of the river in the background was quite therapeutic. I am still not convinced about my gathering knot and would certainly not want to carry anything heavy in it for fear the bottom gathering knot would give way! 😕
Anyway it is the perfect size to carry a bottle of wine…
So yes I will have another go but meanwhile chin chin 🍷…
Sticky needles 😡
Not much progress on the stash bag. It has been far too hot to wrestle with wool and needles so they have been cast aside for the last week or so. However, the weather broke yesterday so we had a joyous reunion!
Neglected olive hiding another scarf…
So I finished another scarf last night, just so that I could feel that buzz from having finished something. 😃
- Fingerless mittens x 2
- Bed / wellie socks
- Baby blanket
- Baby booties
And that is just what I have dug out plus I have loads of cheap and cheerful yarn that I have done absolutely nothing with. 🤑 I seem to have an awful lot of baby wool – all those good intentions that never materialised…
So back to working my way through it all…
Those unfinished projects…
Digging through a stash bag I have found a number of WIPs that have been long forgotten. I have already photographed a couple but here is the story behind them.
A couple of weeks ago I was showing off some baby booties and mitts that I had made using some oddments of pink yarn. Sadly I found the unfinished baby blanket that it came from. However there was also a jersey, again unfinished, that I had been using the same yarn on. I finished the jersey.
♡ quite cute I thought♡
And happily there was some yarn left. I only had a border to finish on the blanket so I used the remnants of the jersey yarn.
Having held it up in natural light I cannot see a discernible difference in the colour so I must have bought the yarn at the same time because the dye seems to match… Phew!!
The little jersey I am going to give to the little girl who was the recipient of the booties and mitts. The blanket will be kept until needed. I did wonder about making another one in blue, just in case but that would mean buying more wool.
I have dug out some half-finished socks and some mittens which are next on my to do list. Happily I haven’t been dipping into the yarn this time ♡♡♡